Human Resource Development Description
Human resources is a relatively modern management term, coined as early as the 1960s - when humanity took a shift as human rights came to a brighter light during the Vietnam Era. The origins of the function arose in organizations that introduced 'welfare management' practices and also in those that adopted the principles of 'scientific management'. From these terms emerged a largely administrative management activity, coordinating a range of worker related processes and becoming known, in time, as the ' personnel function'. Human resources progressively became the more usual name for this function, in the first instance in the United States as well as multinational or international corporations, reflecting the adoption of a more quantitative as well as strategic approach to workforce management, demanded by corporate management to gain a competitive advantage, utilizing limited skilled and highly skilled workers.
What You Will Learn
- Developing a Self-Confident, Assertive Attitude: The Key to Success
- Developing the Confidence to Lead
- Developing the Leader in You
- Generation Next (Youth)
- Get Focused-Get Results-Get a Life
- How to Build Employee Loyalty
- How to Build Positive Relationships at Work
- How to Coach Employees to Maximum Achievement
- How to Give Yourself a Promotion.
- How to Hire the Right People
- How to Keep Your Staff Engaged, Energized, and Motivated
- How to Overcome Workplace Negativity with Enthusiasm
- How to Turn Difficult Employees into Productive Contributor